Saturday, 2 April 2016

Evolution of a Coloured Painting

So, as I have said in a previous post, my A-Level Art Project at the moment is about masks. The preparation process is producing as much work as possible, whether it be a quick sketch or a full-size colour painting, exploring line, tone, colour harmonies, paint application etc.

This was a colour painting I did using thin washes of colour to build up layers, making up my own colour palette:

 
 
I started of with a measured drawing making sure everything was pretty much in proportion.
Then I started adding washes of colours that I thought I would like. This was the hardest part for me; I thought I wanted pastel pinks and purple, but then decided that muted purple and blues would create more suitable mood.
 
I was quite happy with how it turned out.
The next thing I would like to try is naturalistic colours, maybe one built up in washes like this painting, or with thick expressive brushstrokes.
 
 
Shreeya x 

1 comment:

  1. It's really cool to see how it changed and I love the way it turned out.

    ReplyDelete