Friday, 2 January 2015

Photograms

Last Easter, I was lucky enough to be accepted on a three day art school at a university, here I was able to see what it was like to study creative subjects such as fine art, pottery, animation and photography.

Photography was one of the things I thought I would enjoy the least, but it turned out to be one of my favourite parts of the three days.

We made photograms. These are made by exposing certain amounts of light onto photographic paper with objects arranged on top of them. Here are some of my favourites.


For these photograms, I used my hands, stationary, old CDs, marbles, glass bottles, ring binders, lace, pieces of plastic, old packaging etc

It was so tense watching the photograms come out of the developing machine.
Sadly, there were a lot of blank sheets of paper.

But when they did work, it was really exciting. The process was actually really addictive.

Orangie x

No comments:

Post a Comment